Sunday, March 15, 2009

Senses lost and the things I take for granted

I have been sick for about two weeks now and it has been rough. A couple days into it, my loving husband bought me some Zicam nose gel. Instead of reading the directions, I put the gel in and sniffed it up. Well apparently you are not supposed to do this because it burns your sinuses. So for about 8 hours I was in the most pain I have ever been in. I bawled the entire time. Now two weeks later, I cannot smell or taste anything. I am so afraid that I have lost my senses FOREVER!!!! So lately I have been thinking about the things I take for granted and how I can make them better.
1. My Husband: Sometimes I feel like I never praise him enought for ALL that he does for me. He is always there to listen to all my problems, fears, regrets, etc... He is my best friend and I love him more than anything in this world and Im going to work on being a better friend to him.
2. My House: Im always looking around for new things to decorate with or update instead of being thankful that I even have a house.
3. The opportunity to go to college. I seem to complain more about my classes and homework and tests than I am thankful that I get to further my education and become a better person. Im going to lessen my complaining and find more good at SUU.
4. Complaining about everything. This is my biggest weakness, I voice ALL my complaints. It is so hard to be around people who complain non stop and are constatly ornery. I don't know what my deal is, but it's a problem for me. I never look for the good. I only see the bad and then I tell everyone about it. Sorry everyone who has had to hear me complain. Im really gonna work on it.

1 comment:

Melanie Fox said...

so my mom did the same thing and she got her taste back but never her smell and she sued the company and got lots of money